Sun Awareness Week: Haircare in the sun
As part of Sun Awareness Week which is taking place this week until Sunday 14th; we are sharing our top tips for your haircare in the sun. Whilst the sun can give your hair beautiful highlights and glow, it can also be extremely damaging, causing dry, faded and limp hair. In order to retain that sun kissed glow with gorgeous healthy hair, at our blow dry bar in London we have put together some of our favourite haircare tips to ensure protection from those harsh UV rays! Planning for summer holidays? Read on for your haircare guide.
- Hair treatment. Before you jet off, be sure to book in for one of our nourishing hair masks or heat treatments at our Hair Spa at our London blow dry bar to lock in hair moisture and get your locks holiday ready! Complete your treatment with a blow dry and you’re ready to go. Read more about our hair spa and treatments here.
- Kerastase Soleil Range. Before you jet off, stop by our London blow dry bar to pick up this fantastic Kerastase range. From the hair mist for very dry hair to the anti-damage shampoo, this treatment is great to protect coloured hair in the sun too!
- Wear a hat, the sun is at it’s strongest between midday – 3pm so be sure to cover up and protect your hair during those times especially.
- Keep hydrated. Make sure you drink lots of water to nourish your locks and maintain their moisture.
- Use the cooler setting on your hairdryer. Your hair has already been subjected to enough heat so tone down the setting on your hairdryer to avoid further damage.
- Wet hair. Before you get into the pool or sea, use the shower facility to wet your hair – it absorbs a lot less chlorine and salt rather than dry hair.
- Hair mask. Sleep with an overnight hair mask to rejuvenate your locks. Check out the Kerastase Soliel Range in-store for some great options.
- Relax! Whilst on holiday, it’s important to give your hair a break from it’s everyday routine, free yourself from styling tools and let your hair loose!
We hope these tips have inspired you to consider your haircare routine for this summer of if you’re off on holiday! And if all else fails, embrace the beach babe look!
To book into our Hair Spa, call 020 7244 9499 or visit aerblowdrybar.com. We also offer beauty treatments to get you holiday ready from manicures to London eyebrow threading, we hope to see you soon to catch a breath of aer!
Images: Google, The Telegraph, Instagram, Pinterest